Qust al-Bahri (قسط البحري/قسط شیریں), which is lighter in color and more mild.The plant of Qust is also known as Costus. It is generally found in a marshy and wet places along the rivers at the eights up to 5000 ft.The Prophet Mohammad صلى الله عليه وسلم taught us (see hadeeth text below) that Qust al-Bahri is a cure for Sore throat and tonsillitis.These plants bears big serrated leaves but the roots are used for medical purpose. It eases the menstrual flow. It eases the flow of urine. It kills worms in the bowels.
- English Name:Qust-al-Bahri(Marine Costus)
- Urdu Name: قسط البحري/قسط شیریں(Qust-al-Bahri)
Uses & Health Benefits:
- It is a cure for Sore throat and tonsillitis
- Removes acne and scares
- Heal pigmentation treatment
- Helps strengthen the liver
- Helps to remedy weakness of digestion
- It kills worms in the bowels
- Fights bacterial and fungal infections
- Relief Headache
- Has antioxidant activity
- It eases the flow of urine
- It eases the menstrual flow
- Used for asthma and cough
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.