The plant is known to exhibit anti-inflammatory, diuretic, anti-diabetic, anti-psoriatic, and digestive properties. Anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive activities have been confirmed for the aqueous extract of Smilax china.
- English Name: China Root
- Urdu Name:چوب چینی پاؤڈر
Uses & Health Benefits:
- It is also used for specific skin diseases, including psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, enteritis, urinary tract infections, skin ulcers, etc.
- Smilax is helpful in improving muscle mass and body strength.
- It is used as a tonic for male sexual energy.
- They are used as a depurative in cases of herpetism and syphilis in the Philippines.
- It is Sudorific and demulcent, used in rheumatism.
- It is used as alternative in old syphilitic cases and in chronic rheumatism.
- It is used for various skin diseases.
- It is used as a remedy for inflammatory disease and ischuria in Korea.
- The rhizome is made into a paste and applied to painful swellings.
- Roots had been used to treat abscesses, pyoderma and burns.
- It was the drugs used in the treatment of Acute Appendicitis, taeniasis and constipation in Korea.
- Roots have been used to treat cases of paralysis and sciatica.
- It helps in relieving strangury and also a seminal weakness.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.