Stevia (سٹیویا) is a genus of plants native to South America. Its common names, sweet leaf and sugar leaf, suggest its tastiness. A highly refined form of stevia called rebaudioside A (marketed as Rebiana) is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a food additive. Stevia is often touted as a safe and healthy sugar substitute that can sweeten up foods without the negative health effects linked to refined sugar.
- English Name: Stevia rebaudiana
- Urdu Name: سٹیویا
Uses & Health Benefits:
- It can reduced calorie intake.
- Control blood sugar levels.
- Stevia leaf powder may help manage cholesterol.
- May be a substitute of sugar for diabase patients.
- May help manage weight
- Can sweeten beverages and make tea
- Natural sweetener tastes 200 to 300 times sweeter than table sugar
- The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
- This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.