Essential oils are concentrated extracts derived from plants. They’ve become very popular for their potential health benefits. Chamomile essential oil has some solid research behind it. Over the years, it has often been used for a variety of ailments and conditions.Chamomile oil is derived from the chamomile plant. In fact, chamomile is actually related to daisies. Chamomile oil is made from the flowers of the plant.
Uses & Health Benefits:
- Digestive upset, such as indigestion, nausea, or gas.
- Wound healing, including ulcers and sores.
- Anxiety relief.
- Easing skin conditions like eczema or rashes.
- Anti-inflammation and pain relief for conditions like back pain, neuralgia, or arthritis.
- Promoting sleep.
- Diffusion. A diffuser allows the scent of evaporated essential oils to spread through a room. When diffusing chamomile oil be sure to follow the specific directions that come with your diffuser.
- Spray. To use chamomile oil in a spray, dilute 10 to 15 drops of chamomile oil in each ounce of water. Add to a glass spray bottle and shake well before using. Do not use a plastic spray bottle as the oil will break down the plastic over time.
- Store at safe and dry places.
- When applied to the skin:Oil is POSSIBLY SAFE when applied to the skin in medicinal amounts.
- It can sometimes cause irritation, although this is uncommon.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.