Basil essential oil is a type of essential oil commonly used in aromatherapy. Sourced from the Ocimum basilicum plant, basil essential oil is said to offer a variety of health benefits.Basil essential oil contains a number of compounds thought to enhance health. These compounds include linalool, a substance also found in lavender that’s been shown to reduce stress in several scientific studies.
Uses & Health Benefits:
- basil essential oil is said to enhance mood, improve digestion, increase alertness, and soothe muscle aches.
- Basil essential oil is also sometimes used as an insect repellent.
- Diffuse Basil oil to promote a sense of focus while studying or reading.
- Combine Basil essential oil with Geranium and Wild Orange essential oils for an uplifting aromatic massage.
- Add Basil essential oil to your favorite Italian dishes for a refreshing taste.
- In alternative medicine, basil essential oil is typically used for the following health problems:
- Basi oil also can be inhaled after sprinkling a few drops of the oil onto a cloth or tissue or through use of an aromatherapy diffuser or vaporizer.
- Store at safe and dry places.
- When applied to the skin: Oil is POSSIBLY SAFE when applied to the skin in medicinal amounts.
- It can sometimes cause irritation, although this is uncommon.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.