Cedarwood essential oil is a substance derived from the needles, leaves, bark, and berries of cedar trees. There are many varieties of cedar trees found around the world. Some trees referred to as cedars are actually juniper trees. Both are evergreen conifers. This essential oil can be extracted via several techniques, including steam distillation, carbon dioxide distillation, and cold pressing. While it can be purchased on its own, it’s also used as an ingredient in products like insect repellent, cologne, shampoo, and deodorant.
Uses & Health Benefits:
- Alopecia areata is a disease that causes the immune system to attack hair follicles, leading to hair loss. Cedarwood is one of several essential oils that may improve hair growth.
- Cedarwood oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. This may make it beneficial for skin conditions like acne.
- Massaging your scalp with a mixture of cedarwood oil and a carrier oil may also help reduce and soothe an itchy, flaking scalp. This may make it beneficial for treating dandruff and scalp eczema.
- Because it is a grounding oil that can promote emotional balance, Cedarwood oil is a good essential oil to diffuse at the end of a long day when you want to create a relaxing environment. Cedarwood oil holds calming and grounding properties for both the mind and body, making it a popular oil for topical as well as aromatic use. When diffusing Cedarwood oil, use three to four drops in the essential oil diffuser of your choice and enjoy the grounding, calming effects that this oil has to offer.
- It is antiseptic.
- It is antispasmodic.
- It is diuretic.
- It is insecticidal.
- It is antifungal.
- Store at safe and dry places.
- When applied to the skin: Oil is POSSIBLY SAFE when applied to the skin in medicinal amounts.
- It can sometimes cause irritation, although this is uncommon.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.