- Reviews (0)
Black musli/Siyah Musli (کالی موصلی, سیاہ موصلی) or Curculigo Orchioides is a herb that belongs to the family Hypoxidaceae. The medicinal properties of this herb are elucidated in several texts of ayurveda. It is also a major ingredient of several medicinal preparations in the Unani system of medicine. The ancient inhabitants of China were well aware of the medicinal properties of Black Musli and extensively used it in herbal preparations. The rhizome of this plant is utilized extensively for medicinal purposes.
- English Name: Black Musli
- Urdu Name: سیاہ موصلی
- Scientific Name: Curculigo Orchioides
Uses & Health Benefits:
- Ayurveda also elaborates upon this herb’s aphrodisiac properties. Black Musli preparations are widely used in treating erectile dysfunction, low libido, low sperm count and low sperm motility. Ayurvedic texts immensely praise its properties of enhancing quality and quantity of semen.
- Black Musli acts as diuretic and boosts the resistance of urinary system against infections.
- The tuber of Black Musli is ground into paste and applied externally as an effective cure for several skin diseases.
- Black Musli is also used as a general systemic health enhancer. It strengthens the body and boosts immunity levels.
- It is effective in prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis.
- It is a very good anti-oxidant.
- Its rhizomes have antibacterial properties.
- Black Musli is used along with other herbs to treat bronchitis, chronic cough and asthma.
- Black Musli is effective in the treatment of hepatitis. It rejuvenates and detoxifies the liver and normalizes its function. It acts as a good appetite- stimulant and stabilizes digestion. The preparations of this herb are useful in treating piles and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.