Black pepper essential oil is extracted either through CO2 extraction or steam distillation. The essential oil has a spicy, warm, peppery and musky aroma. It’s commonly used to aid the digestive and nervous systems — stimulating circulation and promoting emotional balance.In ancient India, black pepper was known as black gold because of its high trade value. It was even used as currency. Black pepper was one spice Christopher Columbus had his eyes on and set the sail to find it. Columbus filled his ship with what he thought to be priceless black pepper in the West Indies but later when he reached Spain, he realized that it was chili pepper.
Uses & Health Benefits:
- Because of its warming, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties, black pepper oil works to reduce muscle injuries, tendonitis, and symptoms of arthritis and rheumatism.
- Black pepper oil may help ease the discomfort of constipation, diarrhea and gas. In vitro and in vivo animal research has shown that depending on the dosage, black pepper’s piperine exhibits antidiarrheal and antispasmodic activities.
- An animal study on the hypolipidemic (lipid-lowering) effect of black pepper in rats fed a high-fat diet showed a decrease in the levels of cholesterol, free fatty acids, phospholipids and triglycerides.
- The long-term use of antibiotics has resulted in the evolution of multidrug-resistant bacteria.
- It soothes Pain.
- Like many oils, black pepper essential oil has warming, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties.
- It eases Anxiety.
- Black pepper essential oil is known to reduce anxiety and stress.
- It cleanses Your Body.
- It stimulates Appetite.
- It fights Germs.
- It aids Digestion.
- It improves Skin.
- Store at safe and dry places.
- When applied to the skin:Oil is POSSIBLY SAFE when applied to the skin in medicinal amounts.
- It can sometimes cause irritation, although this is uncommon.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.