Rich in vitamins and minerals, Berberis vulgaris (Zarshak Shireen), commonly known as barberry, is a shrub that grows in hilly areas. … Barberries are highly nutritious. They are rich in carbs, fiber, and several vitamins and minerals.
Barberries are the tart, red berries of the Berberis vulgaris plant.
They contain a unique compound called berberine, which acts as an antioxidant. It may help improve blood sugar control, treat diarrhea, and fight inflammation related to dental infections and acne.
- English Name: Zarshak Barberry
- Urdu Name: زرشک باربی
- Scientific Name: Berberis vulgaris
Uses & Health Benefits:
- Barberries are the tart, red berries of the Berberis vulgaris plant.
- They contain a unique compound called berberine, which acts as an antioxidant.
- It may help improve blood sugar control.
- To treat diarrhea.
- Fight against inflammation related to dental infections and acne.
- A great source of vitamin K.
- Barberries are highly nutritious.
- Chewing a teaspoon of Zarshak Shireen (Berberies vulgaris) with lukewarm milk in the morning and evening will sharpen your eyesight and get rid of the habit of spectacles.
- Zarshak Shireen is very useful for cerebral palsy, enhances memory.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.