Evening primrose oil (EPO) is made from the seeds of the flowers of a plant native to North America. The plant has traditionally been used to treat: bruises hemorrhoids digestive problems sore throats its healing benefits may be due to its gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) content. GLA is an omega-6 fatty acid found in plant oils. EPO is generally taken as a supplement or applied topically.
Uses & Health Benefits:
- It may help relieve PMS symptoms such as: depression, irritability, bloating.
- It can help improve overall skin health.
- It may help ease eczema. Some countries other than the United States have approved EPO to treat eczema, an inflammatory skin condition.
- It can help clear up acne.
- It may help for Skin health.
- PMS symptoms.
- It is use for breast pain and hot flashes.
- It is used against high blood pressure.
- It is used for heart health.
- The plant has traditionally been used to treat:
- Bruises hemorrhoids.
- For digestive problems.
- For sore throats.
- Store at safe and dry places.
- When applied to the skin: oil is POSSIBLY SAFE when applied to the skin in medicinal amounts.
- It can sometimes cause irritation, although this is uncommon.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.